Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 1 Post 5 Leadership Project

A person that has been a leader/mentor to me throughout my life is Rev. Reavis Fox. I started attending church where Rev. Fox was a pastor when I was 16. As a typical teenager, I didn't always see eye to eye with my father. Reverend Fox was always encouraging, but not afraid to correct me when I went astray. I also saw him lead a church, not with an iron fist, but with love and compassion. He has led the same church for thirty years.

I am currently leading the church as interim pastor as Pastor Fox is recovering from open heart surgery. It is difficult to follow someone that you have tried to emulate most of your life, knowing that people know the difference. I am learning that a true leader leads with their own style and I know that is what Reavis would also say. He did pick me to fill in for him after all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing challenge. Good luck. It is so different to just admire and emulate, versus having to step up and stand in the place of. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete