Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 2- Wimba Seesion

Good ole copyright laws. Teachers may be the worse offenders of copyright laws. In addition to playing whole movies, I have seen teachers copy entire books for their students. Teachers at low income schools are the worse. It sounds as if I'm dragging the bravest of the teaching souls through the mud, but it is really the school systems and the means of support they receive I'm berating. You can't expect a teacher to teach effectively when they are dealing with out of date materials. That is why I liked the notion put forth about approaching the artists directly to use materials. Many are not ruthless and can evaluate situations like the one I just described. They will help. The other notion I liked is the change with Youtube and copyright laws. Many times a bit of nostalgia is kindled and old hits return, especially if people start hitting facebook button and placing it on their wall.

1 comment: