Saturday, May 14, 2011

PE2_iMovie

The second thing that caught my eye during the iMovie Training '11 course on Lynda.com was the visualization of the audio tracks attached to the videos. This is significant to me because I have battled hearing loss for the majority of my life. I currently have 40% loss in my right ear and 60% loss in my left ear. Because of this disability, it is difficult for me to distinguish the beat and tone of any music and other audio. The visualization tools in iMovie help me distinguish the beat of background music to place the beat makers. If I use multiple tracks, the visualization tool will make it easier for me to determine which track is drowning out the other audio pieces.

Example of the audio visualization tool in iMovie.










The other part of the tool I thought was of great use was the ability to reduce the sound level of each track. This allows me to take out unwanted sounds (or comments) and makes it easier to keep students identities hidden in the classroom or keep the ambiance of a sporting event without the cursing not suited for children. This tool will be of great use as I become more comfortable taking, editing, and publishing video without worrying if my physical disability will hinder me.

No comments:

Post a Comment