Saturday, May 21, 2011

PE4_Tagxedo

I am going to highlight two tools for my RILS assignment I am completing for my coursework at Full Sail University. I am going to highlight Tagxedo (http://www.tagxedo.com) first. Tagxedo is similar to Wordle but with two highly useful differences. The first difference with Tagxedo is the ability to select different shapes for your word "clouds".
Tagxedo Home Page

Another great feature that Tagxedo has is an interactive google search. The students click on a word and Tagxedo automatically performs the search for them. This feature I love the most because I am a very practical person and a wordle seems (I know its not.) to be a "glamour" tool with limited use.

Tagxedo I created with a "check"list of EOC terms my students need to know. 

Once a student clicks on term, in this example the term was "personification", then the google search appears. The search will pull up the usual suspects of definitions, but it may pull up interactive sites.

Google search created by Tagxedo for "personification".

 This will be a great tool for students to begin researching concepts, or, as I am using, to review key terms as they prepare for major tests. With the google search feature, I now have literally hours of possible review activities as my students prepare for the EOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment