Saturday, May 21, 2011

PE5_Wiki

The second new tool am I using for my RILS assignment at Full Sail is a wiki. I am allowing my students to create a wiki with review terms or examples as they prepare for their upcoming EOC test. My school system uses the moodle platform, and I have tried to use the wiki tool that it contains with frustrating results. The tool is great for listing terms, but is limited with the multimedia it can house.

My first period class wiki.

Even offering extra credit, my students in my first period have not participated in posting terms or examples of the literary terms. The lack of multimedia capabilities has turned the students off from using this tool.
My fourth period has three grade hounds and they have been posting terms extensively.
My fourth period has been a little more active, even using different colors to differentiate their posts. However, if you look at the bottom of the screenshot, you will see the "animoto" tag but no video. My student created an animoto to illustrate a term and the wiki could not accept it, even using the embed code. This is very frustrating, especially to the student who worked diligently, as the students will loose interest quickly if there isn't multimedia present. If anyone has had success using a wiki tool and embedding multimedia creations, I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment